Monday, December 8, 2014

Fairy Tail Chapter 412 - Dancing to Ishgar's Tune

Written by Shiggins

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you deliver an epic chapter.

I loved this chapter. I loved it so much I want to take it out to dinner, treat it romantically then go home with it... and be respectful because I want this to be a serious relationship and mean something. Yes, I am in love with this chapter. That is what I am and what I say.

"Mmm whatcha say? Mmm, that you only meant well?"

Okay, enough arsing about. Let's get right into it. Mard Geer is falling down in pain, so we're already off to a great start. Gray's Devil Slayer symbol seems to have disappeared, although I'm sure that's only temporary and he's still got the powers his dad gave him. However, the two suddenly have a childish yet expected argument over what to do with END. Natsu wants to give it to Igneel and Gray wants to destroy it.

As a lover of literature, it pains me to see them discuss destroying a book so casually.

Before they can do anything however, they hear a loud noise which is revealed to be the activation of Face. All over the continent, the bombs are starting to activate and prepare to eradicate magic. Lucy falls over, Warren can't use telepathy, Lisanna is back to naked because of reasons and magic trains and lights are going out.

Lucy: And... just like that, I'm gay.

As Mard Geer smiles, noting how this will cause End to be reawakened, we see an awesome sight. Acnologia falls to the ground, defeated by the Daddy Dragon Igneel himself, who is battered but alive. We then get to see the funniest guild around, Blue Pegasus, in their airship as they are unable to destroy any Face bombs. Until suddenly...

You know what? I'm not even gonna explain it. It's too awesome to explain! Just.... JUST LOOK!!!!!




Opinion: Neat.

Not good enough? Okay... How about "fucking awesome?!". I don't care if I sound like a little kid or something, dragons are the best thing ever and seeing a group of dragons attack out of nowhere is amazing! Grandeeney looks weird as hell but I think Metalicana is just perfect. I could watch that knight of the skies for hours. If the anime fucks this up...

Best. Reaction. Ever.
Gray and Natsu might be the only thing I was iffy about though. On the one hand, this battle was always gonna happen and we wanted it to happen. On the other hand, they seem to be quick to argue over it. I suppose tension is high and these two have always been aggressive, so I can let it slide.

Oh and Ichiya.... Fuck yes.

Manga Rating: 5/5



Character of the Week: Igneel for the defeat of Acnologia and being the first of many dragons we saw this time.

Predictions: Despite all this, End will be awoken and we'll get the huge plot twist that Natsu is End. The battlefield is literally set with dragons, mages, demons and a book. I can see an explosive finale to this arc coming up. Speaking of arcs, I think the fact the dragons are here is actually foreshadowing for the next one. We'll find out where they went, why they went and why they can come back now. 


Best Part: MOTHERFUCKING DRAGONS!

Worst Part: Couldn't you just check what Igneel wants to do with the book first?

A random doggy and Lucy being oh so inviting on a lovely couch... Yeah, this cover is awesome.


Shiggins:[Admin]   .
Shiggins enjoys many strange forms of communication, especially those including cosplayers or presents or videos. However, until that wonderful day comes when people care enough to give him things for being him, you can contact him on his Skype; shigginsishere. You can find out about him or ask him stuff on ask.fm/shigginsishere or go to his tumblr page http://otakugajeel.tumblr.com/.

3 comments:

  1. since mystogan fought natsu when he was cosplaying as great demon lord dragneel when natsu becomes e.n.d. jellal will defeat him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if that happens................ Fuck. I will be an unhappy bunny.

      Delete
    2. We can't have that. We don't want you to be an unhappy bunny. We want you to be a happy bunny.
      ~Micha.

      Delete